Blueberry Chickpea Donuts
Baked Blueberry Chickpea Donuts are low in sugar & big on flavor! The creamiest donuts you’ll ever make, and no one will ever guess their made with chickpeas! A yummy high protein, complex carb breakfast or treat. Gluten free + Low Calorie + Vegan option.
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1 cup blueberries
- ½ cupGluten Free oat flour *
- ¼ cupGluten Free oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup maple syrup **
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 egg whites***
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cardamom
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven 325 F. Prepare a donut baking tin with cooking spray.
- To a blender or food processor, add all ingredients layering the dry ingredients first, then the chickpeas, then the liquid.
- Blend on high until a smooth batter appears.
- Add blueberries to blender and fold by hand.
- Fill the donut cavities with the batter, filling until flush.
- Bake at 325 F 12-13 minutes until donuts have set.
- Remove from the oven and cool 2-3 minutes before flipping the donut tin upside down onto a cooking rack. The donuts should easily slide out. Cool donuts another 15 minutes on the wire rack prior to enjoying.
- Keep donuts in refrigerator to maintain freshness.
*Any flour will work in this recipe including coconut flour. If you use coconut flour, omit the oats & add ¼ cup tapioca flour instead.
**I do not like things to taste sweet. Test the batter and if you would like it sweeter, you can add up to ½ cup maple syrup total.
***For Vegan, swap the eggs with 2 flax eggs. 2 tbsp flax + 6 tbsp water
***I did not add anything to the top of the donuts, but if you want to fancy them up, you can us the cinnamon glaze in <a href=”http://skinnyfitalicious.com/cinnamon-glazed-pumpkin-donuts/”>this recipe</a>
Serving size: 1 Calories: 120 Fat: 1.2g Carbohydrates: 23.5g Sugar: 7.4g Sodium: 68.7mg Fiber: 3.8g Protein: 4.7g